Truecaller announces the launch of the most comprehensive version of Truecaller yet, for Windows 10. Available to download for free starting today in the Windows Store on Windows 10 enabled devices, this is Truecaller’s biggest advancement on Windows Phone to date bringing the strong community of Windows users the app they have been waiting for.
Starting from the home screen, Truecaller introduces a brand new design and wizard to help users get started. For the first time ever, following the launch of the updated version, call history will be auto populated with Truecaller information including badges and profile pictures. With new, improved and streamlined list views on the home and discover screens, more information is ready and waiting at your fingertips, ensuring you are communicating only with the people you choose.
In this version, the call identification and block capabilities have been completely rethought. Using newly available API’s, Truecaller brings an entirely new experience to Windows 10 devices. Protect yourself against the ‘Top Spammers’ in your region, compile your own custom ‘Block List’, even block hidden numbers from contacting you.
A new and improved after call screen lets you perform quick actions without having to open the app. You can now call back, send SMS, suggest a name, save number, mark a number as spam, or look it up in Truecaller.
Truecaller knows that the community of users value knowing which part of the world a number is from. Using Truecaller’s proprietary technology, caller ID is now enriched with location and carrier information. While the app will not show the exact location of the live call, the location data has been improved based off the area code and number series to ensure a more accurate location on incoming calls and number search.
“We are working to reinvent the communications experience for billions of people and it has always been in our DNA to bring the best version of Truecaller to all the operating systems, and today, with the hard work of our great team, and our contacts at Microsoft, we are excited to bring our most comprehensive version of Truecaller for Windows Phone, to date!” said Rishit Jhunjhunwala, VP Product at Truecaller.
What can our users look forward to in this version for Windows 10:
- New, advanced blocking features: Compile your own, custom block list and block unwanted calls. Now block hidden or private numbers too.
- Enriched call history: Put a name and a face to your call history with enriched information including names, and pictures.
- After call identification: Easily see who called, save a contact, report spam after the call without even opening the app.
- Profile details: Updated information to ensure you have the best information at your fingertips. Now showing location with embedded maps based on the area code, and phone number, as well as operator information.
- New design: Higher quality in list view screens including search results, call history and discover. Profiles also now feature location and operator information as well.
The new Truecaller for Windows 10 streamlines your communication experience on your most personal device: your mobile phone. In today’s world where your mobile phone is the direct point of contact for nearly all of your communications, Truecaller is a necessity for searching and finding relevant contact information to protect yourself from intrusions, spammers and telemarketers.