Vodacom has turned 20 years old and to celebrate their birthday, they’re giving all Vodacom subscribers get Free 1GB Bundle of data today the 11th of May 2014 so they can surf the internet, download videos, send and receive photos, be on Facebook and Whatsapp all day.
- The free 1GB data bundle is valid for all Vodacom Prepaid, Top Up, uChoose and contract customers except-
a. Community Services phones/SIMs
- In order to use the free 1GB bundle, a customer needs to have a packet data capable GSM device
- The Free bundle is valid on the Vodacom SA network and cannot be used on international roaming.
- The free bundle can be used on the standard 2G/3G/LTE APN’s only. The bundle is not valid on other APN’s including corporate APN’s
- This 1GB Data bundle is allocated by default. Customers are not required to opt in or opt out
- The Free 1GB bundle is valid from 00:01 hrs to 24:00 hrs on 11th May 2014 only
- Contract customers need to initiate a data session to activate the free 1GB bundle
- There will no carry-over of unused data from this bundle
- This bundle will provide full data access on all available packet bearers across the total Vodacom network
- Once the free 1GB bundle has been depleted or expired, whichever occurs first, further data usage will be consume from any other active data bundle or at the default data rate applicable to the customer’s price plan.
- Customers can check the remaining balance on the free 1GB data bundle via:
- Direct USSD code *100*600# (Prepaid, Topup and uChoose only)
- Direct USSD code *111*600# (All payment types)
- MyPhone – dial *111#
- Dial toll free IVR 100
- Vodacom online portal (Vodacom.co.za), Mobi site and MyVodacom App
- SMS the keyword ‘Bundle’ to 31050
- SMS the keyword ‘BAL’ to 100 (Prepaid, Topup and uChoose only)
Calling Customer care on 082 111
12. If a customer account is locked on the 11th May they will not be able to utilize the free bundle
13. Data transfer rates are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability.