The latest version of the Mortal Kombat game series was announced at The Game Awards 2018. Mortal Kombat 11 is coming to the PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The game is scheduled to release on the 23rd of April 2019.
Pre-ordering Mortal Kombat 11 will get you access to the Mortal Kombat 11 beta (just like every other big budget AAA release this generation) and series staple Shao Khan as a bonus.
About Mortal Kombat 11:
- It has a four year development cycle (one year conceptualisation, three years full development) making it the longest to date.
- Conceptualizing Mortal Kombat 11 began while making MK X. They were always thought to be back-to-back games in terms of story.
- It has proper adventure mode – new version of Shaolin Monks type of gameplay. You can play and customise your character in this mode, lots of items for weapon customization too. Also boxes (daily, buyable etc.).
- Adventure mode is two player co-op, online or single with drop-in drop-out gameplay.
- Story mode and adventure are different. Both are included. Story mode is normal NetherRealm Studios game style
- Uses Unreal Engine 4 instead of Unreal Engine 3 like all other games of NetherRealm Studios