Uber is excited to announce its latest innovative travel feature, Smart Itineraries, which is one of the features within the Uber Travel suite of offerings that has launched globally. With the World Cup in Qatar in full swing and one of the busiest travel seasons upon us, Uber decided to expand its services to accommodate many of those increasing travel needs.
The feature allows consumers to connect their Gmail or Microsoft itineraries to the Uber app, where they’ll be able to coordinate rides, flights, and hotel and restaurant reservations.
Riders will earn 10% back in Uber Cash every time they book a Reserve ride with Uber Travel*, which means they can plan ahead and earn Uber Cash. Once riders connect to their Gmail or Microsoft account, Uber will do the rest, organising all reservation needs in one place for stress-free travel.
Mpho Sebelebe, Uber’s Head of Communications for South Africa explains, “We’re excited to introduce this new feature and enhanced offering to help you go anywhere with a little help from Uber. Uber Travel forms an integral part of Uber’s vision of being a one-stop shop for door-to-door travel”.
“We’re all going and getting this time of year, and this new and refreshed consumer experience is designed to make big moments like the World Cup and holidays a little less manic and a little more magical.”
How to use Uber Travel
- Open the Uber app and tap “Travel” followed by “Get Started” then “Sign in” with Google or Microsoft
- Select Gmail or Microsoft then select your Gmail or Microsoft account.
- Opt-in to give Uber-AwardWallet permission access your bookings
- Google users, check the permissions box and Microsoft users app “Allow” to continue.
- You will soon see all your upcoming trips appear right in the Uber app