South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa has just declared a national state of disaster, announces strict measures to deal with Covid-19 crisis.
The President announced a number of guidelines on the Covid-19 virus, which include:
- Travel – All non-essential international and local travel should be avoided and travellers from high risk countries will not be allowed to enter the country.
- Public – Public gatherings of more than 100 people are prohibited.
- Schools – Schools will be closed from 18 March 2020 until after the Easter weekend.
- Testing – All of those who have visited high risk countries in the past 14 days are requested to test for the virus.
- Isolation – Self isolation is suggested for anyone who is not critically ill but presents with mild symptoms.
- Prevention – Please follow prevention suggestions and keep contact with others to a minimum