uShaka Marine World, because it’s the coolest place to be, will be hosting their first Chess Carnival on Saturday, September 16th sponsored by the KZN Chess Academy and the Umhlanga Chess club. The event is open to a maximum of 40 entrants where there will be 15/15 minute double matches on a 6 round Swiss format. Entry is first come first serve.
All entrants must adhere to the dress code which is strictly black and white and registration will take place at 9am – 9:30am on the day.
The event will be filled with further unlimited fun, featuring face painting, a fancy dress competition (only for those in black and white attire) for which a prize will be awarded, piece juggling, stilt walkers, dance offs, photo opportunities, uShaka Marine World mascot entertainment, free themed games, chess tower building, and the chance to mould a chess piece. Entry is free so get down to uShaka Marine Worlds Village Walk and get playing the coolest game in the entire world.
Schedule of the day
- Registration: 9am – 9:30am
- Welcome and opening presentation: 9:45am
- Round 1 doubles tournament: 10am – 10:30am – Did you know contest
- Round 2: 10:45am – 11:15am –Tower Build contest
- Round 3: 11:30am – 12 noon – Hook the piece contest
- Round 4: 12:15 – 12:45pm – Challenge the masked master (Lunch)
- Round 5: 13:15 – 13:45pm
- Round 6: 14h00 – 14:30pm
- Puzzle competition – Problem solving and switcheroos
- Prize giving: 15:00pm
For more information contact uShaka Marine World on 0313288000 or go to www.ushakamarineworld.co.za