It is a brand new year and a brand a new decade, and as expected, our WhatsApp Messenger is filled with Happy New Year messages and greetings. Some of them are witty, some are just casual, and of course some are filled with emojis to being some excitement. Ever since the roll-out of Stickers to WhatsApp last year, WhatsApp users have now begun to send these stickers instead of emojis or messages. There are host of sticker pack options to bring in 2020 creatively, and wish friends and family in a spirited and colourful manner. Here is a little step-by-step guide on how to get these New Year sticker packs and wish Happy New Year on WhatsApp chats and groups Today…
To import ready-made sticker packs for WhatsApp via third party apps:
- Go to the WhatsApp Stickers section by clicking on the emoji icon in the chat bar, and selecting the ‘stickers‘ option from below.
- WhatsApp comes with 12 default sticker packs, and you may not find any New Year sticker pack in the list. Thus, you need to export sticker packs from other apps. If you don’t find an apt sticker pack in the WhatsApp list, click on the ‘Get More Stickers’ option at the bottom of the list. That option will redirect you to Google Play Store or App Store with suggestions of all apps that may have New Year Sticker apps.
- Download any one of these apps, and we used the New Year Stickers for WAStickerApp. Once you install this app, it will show you a list of sticker packs to choose from.
- You can download the relevant one, and as soon as the download is completed, the app will ask if you want to add this pack to WhatsApp.
- Once, you select ‘Yes‘, the sticker pack will automatically show up in the Stickers section of your WhatsApp. You can then use any of these stickers in your chats and groups to wish friends and family Happy New Year.
Apart from WhatsApp, Facebook also offer stickers support. Facebook has a slew of sticker pack options in Messenger, and you can search for them by typing ‘New Year stickers’ in the search box.