Free082SMS has been offering Free SMS to ALL South African mobile networks (including 8ta, Virgin and Red Bull Mobile) since May 2011 (in addition to SMS within the Vodacom, MTN and CellC networks).
Here’s how to send Free SMS to any of your friends in South Africa!
1. Select the Free082 SMS option from the homepage at Free082SMS.co.za
2. Read through the explanation on the login page: SMS are topped up periodically through out the day so you’ll need to check back later if SMS reserves are low when you try to send, or you can try one of the other free SMS options instead; SMS are sent from a generic number, so you need to include your own name/number in the SMS text; noreply.free082sms.co.za (valid link) is inserted at the beginning of your SMS to let recipients know that replies are not supported and to assist them with abuse. Click ‘Login’ (and tick ‘Remember me’ to skip the login page next time).
3. Type your SMS message (including your name and contact number), enter a valid South African recipient in the 08×1234567 format and click ‘Send’.
4. A status message will confirm that your SMS message has been sent.
5. Your friend (at 0811234567) will receive the SMS and can reply (to your number) for free from Free082SMS.co.za! (works great on PC and mobile)
For more mobile news, tips, tricks and updates – check out http://www.mobidick.co.za 🙂