An unprecedented level of convenience has arrived and the timing couldn’t be better. The Samsung Wearable range brings together the best of Samsung’s Galaxy ecosystem with long-lasting battery life, wellness capabilities and personalised design. With the addition of Samsung Pay to the functionality, there is now a sophisticated level of convenience which South Africans will undoubtedly enjoy.
“The Galaxy Watch, Gear S3 and Gear Sport were designed for connected lifestyles. They’re all born out of Samsung’s relentless pursuit of innovation that makes life better. With the addition of Samsung Pay customers can do so much more and do it effortlessly. It’s a quicker, simpler and safer way to pay says Cambridge Mokanyane, Chief Marketing Officer at Samsung South Africa.
Samsung Pay has brought South Africans a new level of convenience and security when making contactless mobile payments. Its application into the Wearable range amplifies the many features that make them an instant must-have.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch is already designed to match your lifestyle. It is a refined smartwatch with an aesthetically pleasing design, military grade durability, cohesive user interface and a battery that can last for days. You can go with a 42mm Midnight Black and Rose Gold or the 46mm Silver design.
The Gear Sport is all about getting motivated to move more, eat better, and live a healthier life. The Gear Sport tracks your fitness and diet, keeping you on the right path to reach your goals. And it’s as stylish as it is functional.
The Gear S3 has the aesthetics of a truly premium watch with advanced features built right into the watch design. That’s why it’s so easy and effortless to use it. You only have to turn the bezel to respond to calls, read messages or go to that app you need.
Using Samsung Pay on your Samsung Wearable is simple:
- On your Samsung smartphone, launch the Galaxy Wearable app
- Tap OPEN SAMSUNG PAY and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your card registration. This is a one-time process.
- To make a payment with your Samsung Watch, press and hold the Back key for around 1 second
- Scroll through the cards list, select a card and tap PAY
- Place your Samsung Watch close to the NFC card reader to make a payment
- All Samsung Pay compatible wearables will only support NFC and not the MST technology which is also available on Samsung Pay compatible smartphones.
The Samsung wearables are also compatible with other non-Samsung* Android Smartphones, now offering the convenience of Samsung Pay to a much larger audience.
The Galaxy Watch, Gear S3 and Gear Sport bring users all the benefits from the Galaxy Ecosystem, creating a seamless experience and now with Samsung Pay life just got a lot easier.